Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Motivation is Hard To Do

I applied for a job today. In Raleigh, NC.

It's not a job that I am passionate about. But, it's a full-time position. And that is what I need.

I'm frustrated that in this economy it has come to this. Me, contemplating applying at Wells Fargo to be a teller because those are the full-time jobs available. And I can't keep working part-time because my sub-lease ends in November and then I have no where to go.

I have a friend, a new friend, we'll call her A. She is also from Michigan. We've been talking about trying to find a two bedroom apartment. So here's the problem: even if we find a place, usually you have to pay first month's rent plus a security deposit. I don't have the money to do that. I am barely going to be able to pay another month's rent as it is. I have $200 and some odd dollars in my bank account. I have only gotten one paycheck since I've moved here and $96 of it went to utilities.

I'm trying to be strong and have faith that God has some plan that will come out of this, but it's getting harder and harder to be positive.

I have found a fellow blogger in the Charleston area that I'm enjoying. Her name is Hallie, and you should check out her blog over at southerndashofsass.

I'm also loving the photos at charlestondailyphoto. It seems everyone around here has an amazing camera except me. But there are so many cool things to take pictures of. Like last week, when my roomie and I walked the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge. We saw three porpoises and it was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Also, I can't figure out how I changed the font of the actual blog entry the last time, and now the font looks super huge, but I can't seem to change the size. Still learning, be patient with me.

Off to work at the Francis Marion hotel tomorrow. I'm going to have to join another staffing agency to get more hours. Or I can become a bank teller. Oh the choices!

I  know I am sarcastic and cranky about it, and I apologize. At least it's sunny and the weather is beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you have a new friend that would feel comfortable enough to live with. Where would you guys live? In the Charleston area still? I think if you really want to do that then you will work it out somehow. Just know that I love you and I am always here if you need to talk :)

    ReplyDelete