Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Day of Bad News

I finally heard about the job I interviewed for last week in North Carolina.


I didn't get it.


I was their #2 choice.


It's almost worse to know that.


I feel so discouraged. I never thought it would be this hard, when I want to work, to find a full-time job.


I'm homesick.


I miss my parents.
Mom and Dad on the pier
Bella, my toy poodle

I miss my dog.
Also, I can't figure out the placement on these pictures and it's driving me nuts. InDesign is much easier to use!

I need to get out the old resume and update it.... again.

I think I'll post it on here and if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I have had it looked over by three of my professors, one of whom was my previous boss at my internship at WMU. But, maybe I need to be more creative about this.

I enjoy checking out the One day, One Job blog. It makes me feel less lonely since it is highly apparent that I am not, sadly, the only educated, mid-twenties-ish person who waited tables in college only to finish college and now be continuing some crappy-paid, part-time, non-fulfilling (un-fulfilling?) job just-to-pay-the-bills.

It is absolutely the American Dream. But, according to Suze Orman over at Forbes, The American Dream is Dead. But at least we are all in it together?

Hanging in there, one day at a time.









No comments:

Post a Comment