Friday, October 21, 2011

A College Degree Doesn't Mean Anything Anymore

I am a 24 yr. old female from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I recently moved to South Carolina to search for full-time employment. I graduated from Western Michigan University with a BA in Communication Studies and a minor in psychology.


It used to be, that if you got a college degree, you knew that you would be able to find a job.


I grew up hearing that college was the answer to a great career.


Now everyone (well, a lot of people) has a college degree and in this economy, that does not mean you will get a job. 


Now I am struggling to find a job in a new city where I know one person (my cousin) and to make enough money to pay rent. College doesn't seem so bad anymore. At least I wasn't looking for a job!


I have decided to document my current trials, successes, and failures online. Who knows if anyone will read it, but I've always wanted to blog and it seems like the perfect opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment