Saturday, November 12, 2011

Finding a Headhunter

So... I have been told by a couple of trustworthy friends and colleagues that I should try using a headhunter to find a job. Since what I've been doing.... trying to find a job on my own.... has NOT been working so far.

So I'm checking it out. I just used Online Recruiters Directory to pick the industries I was interested in, what states I would be willing to work in, and what kind of work I'm looking for. Then all I had to do was send out my resume to the different recruitment groups. If any of them like what they see, they will contact me.

So, hopefully something happens.

Yesterday I applied for a job at Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, Arkansas. They have the job starting January 2, 2012. The deadline is Nov. 25. That doesn't give them a lot of time to find someone with Christmas and all. It makes me nervous that they already have someone on staff and are just posting it because (gasp!) they have to. I hope not, because it's right up my alley. I have done everything in the job description at my two internships at WMU and I have family in Arkansas.

My mom also found me a great job at the Community College of Aurora in Colorado. So I applied for that as well. I never thought I would be interested in Colorado but I'm having to rethink all of my options. It doesn't snow that much if you are not in the mountains (or so they tell me). And I have an Uncle who lives in Aurora.

I have a pizza party for work tonight and I was planning on telling my boss that I would be moving as of Nov. 19. But now my mom asked me if I should stay here just for the month of December. My cousin needs a roommate and maybe I could stay there just for that month. I'm not sure if I want to do that or not. I wish God would just flash a neon sign telling me what I should do.

A little direction would sure be appreciated. So glad I got to go home for a week. I hung out with Shell (my bestie) almost everyday and I got to see Amy before I left. Her and her husband made the nicest offer to me, I can stay with them if I need somewhere to stay in Michigan and I don't want to go home.

I am really lucky to have these amazing people in my life, even if they are far away from me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment